Thursday, May 30, 2013
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Rutgers University - New Brunswick, NJ
Brower Commons & Rutgers Student Center
Sponsored by RUTGERS-NEW BRUNSWICK CAREER SERVICES
You do not need to register for this event through our online "CareerKnight" career management system.
The largest college recruitment program in the state brings together New Jersey area employers with college students and graduates seeking employment. Experienced candidates are also welcome to attend.
Over 150 employers will have current and anticipated openings in most career fields and academic majors, including liberal arts, business, science, and technical areas. (Some careers are generally not represented, such as education, advertising, public relations and the media.)
Students and graduates from any college or university who wish to work in the New Jersey area are invited to attend. All degree levels and academic majors are welcome. No pre-registration is necessary for this event. Business attire is required. Dress for interviewing and bring plenty of resumes. There is no fee.
TIPS TO CANDIDATES
- Bring a pen, paper, and folder/portfolio for holding resumes and writing while standing.
- No cell phone use is allowed in the employer areas. Please turn them off.
- Bring an ample supply of attractive, printed resumes to give to employers. No photocopying services are available.
Parking Area for Candidates: Follow the directions below to a large parking lot. A no-hassle shuttle (3 Rutgers buses) running continuously from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. will drop you off at Brower Commons.
- Business attire is required. Leave backpacks (and possibly coats) in your car.
- Research employers in advance by clicking on "List of Employers" below. Collect business cards at the event, and speak with as many representatives as possible.
- Give the representative your resume, offer a firm handshake, and be ready to discuss your background, qualifications, and career goals. Ask about the organization and opportunities.
The event is held in Brower Commons and the Rutgers Student Center, 145 & 126 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ.
List of Employers
It is suggested that you print this just prior to the fair in case we run out of career day guides at the event.
Rutgers-New Brunswick students can also view an electronic version in "CareerKnight."
Questions? Contact Larissa Keller at email@example.com or call 848-445-7287.
The event will be cancelled only if Rutgers-New Brunswick OFFICES are closed due to bad weather, which rarely occurs. Sometimes classes are cancelled but offices remain open.
Go to http://campusstatus.rutgers.edu, http://nj1015.com/, call 732-932-INFO, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions & Parking Information for Candidates